Fruitilicious Farm is a new organic fruit farm with two locations in the Watsonville foothills: a newly-planted 2 acre orchard of diverse fruits and blueberries and a mature 11+ acre apple orchard.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone serious about a career in organic orcharding to learn all aspects of a new business from two experienced organic partners. This year-round position will involve all the jobs of running an orchard including irrigation, weeding, cultivating, fertilization, pest control, thinning, pruning, harvest, and of course, paperwork. It is both hands-on and as a supervisor of occasional contract help.
* English required, spanish desireable
* Must have valid California drivers license and own vehicle for travel between locations and for errands.
* Previous experience with organic or conventional farming is highly desireable.
* Experience with farm equipment.
* Physically fit and able to work long hours outside.
* Responsible and punctual.
* Able to work well with others and follow directions while working autonomously.
Wages are $12 per hour to start. Higher rate negotiable for those with mechanic experience. Hours are full time in the summer and fall and half to 3/4 time from November to February, since winter work is weather dependent. After a 60 day probation period, 1 week paid vacation per year can be accrued.
Please email resume (including references) to Zea, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 831-761-3213 to find out more.
originally posted on the EcoFarm listserve