Adapting to Climate Change on North Coast Vineyards and Farms; Building Resilience and Increasing Crop Diversity
A field day at Front Porch Farm, Healdsburg.
Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
What are likely future conditions that will affect crop growing in the North Coast and how can growers adapt?
How can diversifying the farm landscape function as an adaptive strategy?
- Lisa Micheli, PhD, Pepperwood Foundation and Alan Flint, PhD, USGC, both with North Bay Climate Adaptation Initiative
- Glenn McGourty, UC Coop Extension, Mendocino/Lake County; Renata Brillinger, California Climate and Agriculture Network; Rex DuFour, National Center for Appropriate Technology/ATTRA
Farmer panelists presenting their diversification stories include:
- Matt Taylor, Front Porch Farm
- Robert and Emmet Hopkins, Hopkins River Ranch
- Invited: Lou Preston, Preston Farm & Vineyards; Longmeadow Ranch; Bernier Family Farms
Front Porch Farm is a fully diversified 50 acre farm growing grains, vegetables, olives, wine grapes and livestock. There will be a farm tour to see each aspect of the farm.
Please consider co-sponsoring this event.