Start Date: May 2012
Salary: In the $40K's DOE, Full-time 40 hrs/week salaried position includes health benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave.
Location: The job is based at the Ecological Farming Association office, located at the New Brighton State Beach exit off HWY 1 in Soquel, a few miles south of Santa Cruz, CA, close to the freeway and bus line.
The Ecological Farming Association (EFA) is seeking an experienced Program Coordinator. The ideal candidate will have leadership experience in ecological agriculture and directing programming and events from conceptual and planning stages to execution and evaluation. The Program Coordinator position calls for relevant experience and demonstrated competency in budget, contact, grant, information and project management. This position reports directly to the Ecological Farming Association Executive Director.
Team Leader for the Ecological Farming Conference: Planning, Execution, Evaluation
- Develop the EcoFarm Conference agenda and content with the Executive Director and the Conference Planning Committee.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to manage the EcoFarm Conference budget.
- Coordinate time-sensitive communications projects with the EFA Communications Director to meet high standards for accuracy, quality, creativity and timeliness.
- Coordinate event production contractors and EFA staff for questions regarding registration, exhibitors, special events and all conference production details.
- Plan and manage food and logistics for the Conference Food Program with the contracted Chefs' Advisor and Food Donations Coordinator.
- Supervise EFA staff to ensure coordinated scheduling of Conference fellowship, scholarship, work-trade, and volunteer activities.
- Manage Pre-Conference production activities and additional special events.
- Perform other duties that the production of EcoFarm requires.
- Organize EcoFarm Conference wrap-up and review. Document procedures, accomplishments, unresolved issues and lessons learned.
Program Coordinator and Manager: EFA Activities and Partnerships
- Write grants in close collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Develop and Manage EFA programs and events and collaborations with other organizations and partners.
- Develop content in collaboration with EFA Communications Director for program outreach including publications, website, and media.
- Represent EFA at EFA, partner, and other related events.
- Present written and oral reports to formal and informal audiences.
Support for EFA Operations
- Participate in Staff, Committee and BOD meetings as assigned.
- Work closely with the Executive Director on financial reports, program budgets and project work plans.
- Superior time management/project management skills including the ability to manage production of multiple projects and deadlines with great attention to detail and minimal supervision.
- Excellent written, verbal and visual presentation skills including the ability to manage and present information effectively in a variety of graphic media formats.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Experience with FileMaker or other comparable database software. Experience with additional project management and collaboration tools is desired.
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative, interpersonal communication skills and creativity.
- Our team requires high personal standards for the quality and timeliness of deliverables and pro-active problem solving.
- Ability to manage projects and staff in a collaborative team environment.
- Maintain professionalism and performance under the pressure of production details and deadlines.
- Commitment to EFA mission in ecological agriculture: developing healthy, safe and just food and farming systems.
EOE: The Ecological Farming Association is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
To apply: Please submit the following to email@example.com
A resume and cover letter that demonstrates your accomplishments as they relate to the job qualifications stated above. Please also include:
- Two different types of writing samples from your portfolio: The first one demonstrates the promotion of an event, a program or an idea -- marketing materials, grant proposal, editorial articles, a newsletter, etc. The second demonstrates your ability to convey complex data or strategy in a comprehensible way - budget spreadsheet, report with graphic/visual elements, strategic communications plan, donor management document, etc. Please select items for which you were directly responsible or were a lead contributor.
- Three professional references with contact information.
No calls please. We will contact applicants selected for interviews. Interviews start in April. May start date for position.
The Ecological Farming Association nurtures healthy and just farms, food systems, communities and environment by bringing people together for education, alliance building and advocacy. To learn more about the mission and programs of the Ecological Farming Association visit our website at www.eco-farm.org
originally posted on the EcoFarm listserve