Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms - USA (WWOOF-USA®) is hiring a Program Manager at our new office in San Francisco, and is accepting applications now. Please see the job description below. This is a full-time salaried position. Applications will be reviewed beginning November 3rd, and accepted until position is filled.
WWOOF-USA® is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and is part of a worldwide effort to link volunteers with organic farmers, promote a cultural and educational exchange, and build a global community conscious of ecological farming practices. We produce a directory of organic farms, communities, and garden projects in the USA that host volunteers in exchange for room, board and hands-on experience in sustainable living (www.wooofusa.org). WWOOF-USA is part of an international network of WWOOF groups, found in over 50 countries, each run independently. WWOOF worldwide recently celebrated its 40th anniversary, and WWOOF-USA has been operating in the US for the past decade.
Position Description: The Program Manager coordinates WWOOF-USA membership, connects volunteers with organic farmers, and manages the WWOOF-USA organization. To accomplish this goal, the Program Manager will:
- Provide membership services and respond to inquiries by phone or email
- Prepare and mail the WWOOF Host Farm Directories and other mailings
- Manage the website and online database of 1400 host and 12,000 volunteer memberships
- Manage some online registration fees and bookkeeping
- Publish the 200 page hard copy of the Host Farm Directory twice per year
- Improve website capabilities and database functions as needed
- Increase outreach through social media and other outlets
- Work independently on projects, with regular progress reports to executive director and board of directors
- Manage office needs and supplies
- Collaborate with executive director and board of directors on projects to further the organization's mission.
Bachelor Degree (BS / BA), preferably in relevant field
Experience with non-profit organization and program management
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Willingness to manage a highly-trafficked, dynamic website
Excellent organizational skills
Experience with bookkeeping
Experience with desktop publishing
Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, QuickBooks and Apple Mail
Highly motivated to take initiative and see projects through
Ability to work both very independently and as part of a small team
Ability to work well with the public, farmers, volunteers and a board of directors
Willingness to be the 'public face' for WWOOF-USA
Interest in the organic farming movement, sustainable agriculture, and/ or WWOOF
Ability to update websites
Experience working on professional print jobs
Experience using Paypal Pro or similar payment program
Media and public relations experience
Experience farming or WWOOFing a plus
This position is full-time and includes a health benefits allowance. Salary is $37 - $43,000, DOE. Full time start date is January 3, 2012 with a required training period December 19 - 22, 2011. The position will be located in our new WWOOF-USA office in San Francisco.
To Apply: Open until filled, application review will begin November 3, 2011.
Email cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to:
WWOOF-USA email@example.com www.wwoofusa.org
No phone calls please. Confirmation of receipt of your application and additional questions will be addressed by email.
originally posted on the EcoFarm listserve