Women's Organic Flower Enterprise
Homeless Garden Project
Santa Cruz, CA
The Women's Organic Flower Enterprise (WOFE) employs and trains homeless and low-income women and men in a value-added enterprise. Trainees learn organic gardening and farming techniques at Natural Bridges Farm and floral design, production, and retail sales skills at the WOFE. At the same time, they are encouraged through regular check-ins with staff to work towards personal goals that increase their long-term personal and economic stability. Our products are sold through our year-round retail store, online and to local retailers.
The Value-Added Enterprise and Retail Manager oversees all aspects of the WOFE program and enterprise, including job training, personal support, production, business planning and development and marketing.
· An academic degree or equivalent life experience in one or more of the following areas: fine arts, horticulture or organic gardening; business management or entrepreneurship
· Experience supervising persons coping with difficult life issues and challenges
· Experience managing or helping manage a small business
· Ability to work successfully as part of a team
· A proven leader who inspires others to do their best, meets deadlines, and manages complex responsibilities without losing a sense of humor
· Demonstrated experience in effectively delegating work
· Ability to manage and juggle priorities of production, supervision and store operation
· Ability to work independently
· Work with a wide variety of people: trainees, volunteers, customers, business owners, funders, advisors
Compensation $13.50 /hour. This is a full-time position.
Holiday, sick, and vacation time included.
Mail resume, cover letter and contact information for three references to
Darrie Ganzhorn, Executive Director, P.O. Box 617, Santa Cruz, CA 95061
or email to darrieg@homelessgardenproject.
Reviews begin Friday May 13, 2011.
originally posted on the EcoFarm listserve