Farm Finance Clinic: Planning for Profitability
When: Tuesday May 3, 3:00-5:30 pm
Where: Sebastopol Grange Hall, Sebastopol, CA
- Ryan Power, New Family Farm
- Belle Davis, Farm Service Agency (FSA)
- Frederick Smith, California Farmlink
Real farm work is not just plowing fields, weeding, and transplanting; farm financial management is essential to establishing and growing a sustainable farm business. Join us for this financial management workshop that will get you started (or keep you going) on the right track.
You will learn about:
- cash flow management to manage financial risk
- how to use farm balance sheets and income statements to manage debt
- the benefits of diversification
- business structures and their implications for debt and building equity
- the basics of credit scores and how to improve or establish credit history
- different types of agricultural loans, and how a loan might work for you
The workshop is free, but registration is required. To register, click here.
This workshop is being held before the regularly scheduled Sebastopol Farmers Guild meeting and potluck at 6 p.m. So bring some food for the potluck and stay awhile! if you have any questions, please contact Frederick Smith at 831-425-0303 x 7018.
Co-sponsored by California Farmlink and the Farmers Guild
This material is based upon work supported by USDA/NIFA under Award Number 2012-49200-20030.